Saturday, June 6, 2015

First Career Blog Attempt


       Hello to all of you who are checking this out for the first time. I have no prior blogging experience,  so this is gonna be a bit of an adventure for me. I'm typing this on my phone, so I apologize for any mistakes I may make. Thanks for taking the time to check this out, and I hope you continue to as the summer rolls along.

       For those who are wondering,  I'm starting a blog to chronicle the work I do through the summer with Athletes in Action. I'm a part of the Gospel outreach soccer camps that they run all through the summer,  and I love it. We get to go from church to church each week,  and tell people about Jesus and how important He is in our lives today, using soccer as a tool to connect with kids.  The days are full of games and drills, and we have designated times to talk about the different aspects of the Gospel. We augment the Bible sessions with skits and memory verses,  and try to accurately convey the Gospel to kids who may very well have never heard of Jesus, or even Christianity in general.
This is my fifth year of involvement with Athletes in Action,  but just my second as a paid coach. I love the chance I get each week to talk about my faith, and to tell people the greatest news in the world. I've got a passion for kids,  soccer, and the Gospel,  and these camps are a fantastic opportunity to combine all three of these things.

       Right now I'm gearing up for our training that's about to happen in Langley.  I'm gonna be having a couple of other coaches staying with my family for the week,  and I'm stoked to get to know them and the other coaches who will be trained with us. The training we have is a fantastic time for team bonding and unity development and all that cliché stuff, but it's super valuable,  and I love how much knowledge gets thrown at us in that short time.
I'll be trying to update this at least once a week, with highlights from the camps,  and really with whatever happens to be on my mind at the time when I'm writing this. If you've got anything to ask me or anything like that, feel free to email me at levi.friesen.17@gmail.com. I don't know if theres a spot for comments on here, but if there is, feel free to say what's on your mind. I'm also looking for people who want to pray for me this summer,  so if you're interested in that, email me,  and I'll get you involved in that.

       That was far longer than I thought it would be,  and by far the most I've ever tried on a phone. Thanks for taking the time to read this,  and enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment